Monday, January 12, 2009

The Schlossers are back in town

Sat we went to in the airport to welcome the Schlosser family back from Japan where they spent Christmas with their daughter Liz and welcomed Gavin, Liz and Emilio's new son into the world. I had originally planned just to go and pick up Sydney so Tom would not have to make 2 trips to the airport plus Sydney has been gone since July. But Grace's flight due in at around 2: 30 was delayed cause of weather and so they both ended coming in around the same time, they had already landed when Charlie and I arrived but we caught them coming down the walkway...the first photo is after they realized we were there and the 2nd was really the first photo that I took and they were totally out of it! Jet lag!

Of course my flash died have to remember to check those batteries more often.
After rounding up the luggage we drove to Applebees for dinner, Sydney was shell shocked and could barely keep her eyes open but she survived dinner.
So today we have a date for Sushi at Shikis perhaps I will blog that too, the food there is awesome! If you want to catch the Schlossers adventures in Japan check out Liz Martinez's blog under my friends, its awesome!

1 comment:

Martinez Family said...

So jealous:) 6 months wasnt long enough to have Sydney here and 3 weeks wasnt long enough for the rest of them:) I am glad the got home safe and sound but we do sure miss them and cant wait for them to come out again:) Please blog about eating at Shikis , i so miss that place and I know Sydney has missed it:) Love you Linda , thanks for the updates!!