Saturday, April 18, 2009

Norfolk Botanical Gardens

Yesterday afternoon Charlie and I decided to take the afternoon off and head for the Botanical Gardens here are just a few of the pix I took, the weather was beautiful high 70s which was great after the last few days of rain and cold.




I usually try to go to botanical gardens at least twice a year but the last time Charlie and I went together was probably about 25 years ago, way back when it was free to get in and they did not have near the plants or the landscaping they have now, he was pleasantly surprised it is very beautiful.....as soon as the roses bloom I will make my 2nd trip for the year and then back again in the fall. Almost forgot we saw the bald eagle which has been nesting there for about 3-4 years, they had 3 babies in the nest, should have taken my BIG lens so I could have snapped some photos of Mama, Papa and the goslings. Oh well there's always next year.

No comments: